An intensive one-day workshop that provides school administrators an actionable blueprint for creating safe and secure K–12 Schools
This workshop will help you:
Take the stress, complexity, and hassle out of K–12 safety, security, and emergency preparedness in your schools.
Quickly identify and mitigate safety and security risks in school buildings.
Develop the capabilities of staff at all levels to prevent and respond effectively to virtually any emergency.
Avoid common wasteful investments in technology that do little to improve overall safety and security in schools.
Many Schools Wait Until an Event to Act
In the wake of a tragedy somewhere in a school setting, it is normal for school administrators to feel vulnerable. As a result, they frequently contract for safety and security assessments of their schools. They may be left with a long punch list of expensive, boilerplate, time-consuming improvement opportunities and limited guidance for effective management of a safety, security, and emergency preparedness program.
This seminar will provide attendees with an actionable blueprint for managing an effective and sustainable district-wide safety, security, and emergency management program without unreasonable investments of time or money.
Here’s just some of what we’ll cover:
- Six simple protocols to manage virtually any emergency
- Critical lessons learned from historic K–12 events, including: Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, Columbine, and more
- How to conduct effective site assessments to identify and eliminate hazards and vulnerabilities to ensure a safer environment for students and staff district-wide
- Whether you are providing each type of staff with the appropriate quantity and role-specific emergency preparedness training
- Valuable information to help develop and refine actionable emergency plans and procedures, establishing district-wide “buy-in”
- The secrets to stress-free incident communications with family members and media outlets
- State and Federal: Do your district plans and procedures reflect current best practices and requirements?
John was incredibly knowledgeable. His direction gave me a feeling of confidence for how to best handle emergency situations safely and with the best preparedness possible. He was thorough and covered the facts but kept it succinct. Enough information but not too much. Just Perfect!
Who Should Attend?
Anyone responsible for any aspect of safety, security, and emergency preparedness in your schools can benefit greatly from this one-day workshop, including:
Principals & Assistants
School Resource Officers
What You’ll Learn:
Intruders, suspicious persons, and student disturbances
Bomb threats and suspicious packages.
Biological or chemical hazardous materials
Weapons and active shooters.
Missing and abducted children.
Severe weather and earthquakes.
Utility or building infrastructure failures.
Death, injury, illness, or mental health conditions.
And many more!
Should You Attend?
These questions will help you decide:
Do you feel confident that staff possess the knowledge and confidence to effectively manage virtually any emergency?
Do you feel comfortable that the school district has made the right safety and security investments in equipment, technology, and staff development?
Are your plans and procedures simple and actionable, and do they reflect current best practices and regulations?
Do staff, students, and parents feel confident that administration is taking every prudent step in ensuring the safety and security of building occupants?
Are you confident each school is safe and secure and free of critical hazards, loopholes, and vulnerabilities?
Do you feel confident staff, students and parents are capable of identifying a potential threat before a critical incident occurs?
If you answered NO to even one of the above questions,
you can’t afford to miss this one-day workshop!
Morning Session: Emergency Response Procedures
- Six essential steps for successful lockdowns
- The safe effective way to communicate with buildings in a lockdown.
- Understanding special lockdown situations, including fire alarms, bathrooms, medical emergencies, recess, lunch periods, and many more
- The only way to quickly release from a lockdown safely
- The critical lockdown lessons learned from Sandy Hook, VA Tech, and Columbine
- The one system that can truly save lives in an imminent threat situation.
- Why most school lockouts simply fail
- How to effectively manage visitors and contractors
- When lockouts turn into lockdowns
- Why two historic events should change the way you conduct fire evacuations
- When you should never use a fire alarm
- Which fire procedure is putting younger students at risk
- When not to evacuate outside
- Why some evacuation routes and assembly areas are simply not safe
- A super effective evacuation resource that costs less than $1
- 3 essential planning steps to ensure the safety of special needs persons evacuations
- Why gymnasiums can be a serious safety risk for staff and students
- What essential, low-cost shelter-in-place resources most rooms simply don’t have
- The proven way to prevent serious injuries during severe weather events
- Why inadequate staff can lead to emergency management failures
- What schools can learn from law enforcement in how to locate missing children
Afternoon Session: Emergency Planning & Tabletop Exercises
- The free tools that are quickly replacing the three-ring binder emergency plans
- How to leverage the power of the cloud in an emergency, including:
- No scrambling in an emergency for binders
- Simple decision making processes
- Saving valuable time when seconds count – quick decisions
- Goes wherever you do – on-site, command posts and more
Technology & Equipment
- The most common waste of technology spending in most schools
- The most effective way to leverage technology for access control, visitor management, and emergency planning
- High-tech, portable radios for under $30?
- The essential ingredients for a resourceful building and district “Go Kit”
- Simple ways to manage emergency responders’ access to your buildings
- Managing safety & security before and after school
- Master the use of the Incident Command System (ICS) in six simple steps
- Use free applications such as Evernote and Google Drive to manage emergencies in the cloud
- The essential plans and equipment needed when buses are not an option
- Critical lessons learned from Sandy Hook and Columbine
- The critical mistake that can lead to a public relations disaster
- Exactly what to say and when to say it
- Essential pre-planning steps to ensure smooth communication with media and parents in an emergency
- Proven ways to identify the warning signs of potentially violent behavior
- The common denominators in virtually every school-based violent incident
- A free resource that saves lives daily
- Put your new skills to work in a series of tabletop exercises designed around your unique schools.
- Attendees will work in groups to manage a variety of realistic emergencies.
6 Reasons to Register Today
Unmatched Course Content and Quality
While a wealth of free, useful information exists around the Internet, no other course curriculum provides a detailed blueprint for K–12 schools with actionable steps and an easy-to-understand all hazards approach to safety, security, and emergency preparedness.
Time and Convenience Factors
We know the enormous challenge of scheduling educators for training during the school year. Our on-site training programs ensure you can attend at your convenience by bringing the seminar to you. No filler material, long introductions, or wasted time—just an intensive day of invaluable information and practical techniques.
Realistic Scenarios Built Around Your Schools
When it comes to safety, security, and emergency preparedness, every school is unique, and boilerplate solutions simply don’t work. That’s why each of our classes includes customized scenarios built around your actual school buildings and community for an exceptional learning experience.
The Value of Excellent Reference Materials
At no extra charge, you’ll receive a comprehensive workbook filled with dozens of forms, templates, guides, and checklists to kick start emergency management in your schools.
Training as Enjoyable as It Is Educational
If class participants are not engaged, the learning process suffers. Each class is designed to draw participants into realistic scenarios to see the immediate results of their actions or inactions. Participants become so involved in the scenarios, they often wonder where the day went!
Return on Investment
For less than the cost of sending your administrative team to a regional, generic, travel to seminar, you can enjoy a customized program in the comfort of your buildings for a fraction of the cost, time, and hassle.
All of our workshops are 100% satisfaction guaranteed! We are so sure our workshop will provide you with the necessary skills you need to manage your district’s entire safety security and emergency management program, we back each and every seminar with a money back guarantee! If for any reason you are dissatisfied with our course, simply contact us with the reason why, and if we can’t make it right, we will refund your money—hassle free.
Enjoy confidence and safer schools immediately.
Stop feeling unprepared today, and start enjoying safer schools tomorrow! Contact us to schedule your on-site seminar today. For less than the cost of sending your entire administrative team to a regional, generic seminar, you can enjoy a customized program in the comfort of your buildings with no travel or hassle.
Join some of our other satisfied clients in creating safe schools.
Arlington Central School District
Katonah-Lewisboro Central School District
Peekskill City School District
Merrick Union Free Central School District
Pelham Union Free Central School District
Bedford Central School District
Croton-Harmon School District
Lyceum Kennedy International School
West Babylon Union Free School District
Blind Brook School District
Valuable Workshop Extras at No Additional Cost!
We will coordinate with your team to to collect the necessary data and plans to ensure your workshop is highly customized and a big success.
Up to 20 Participants
Your workshop registration includes up to 20 class participants. Additional participants may be added to your workshop for a nominal fee.
Private Client Website
Each workshop registrant is provided a private client website containing instructional videos, as well as electronic versions of forms and templates.
Each participant receives an emergency management workbook that contains forms, templates worksheets and much more.
6 Months of Support
Questions about plans or procedures? Need advice or facility changes? Enjoy 6 Months of unlimited support with your workshop registration.
Monthly Faculty Training
Your workshop includes access to our exclusive monthly faculty training series. A series of short tabletop scenarios that can be used at monthly faculty meetings.